Last Updated: August 1, 2023
Glenmede may periodically modify these GlenmedeConnect Terms, and any such modifications will be effective immediately upon posting. We suggest that you periodically check these GlenmedeConnect Terms for modifications. Please review the “Last Updated” date at the top of the page when you visit the Site to determine if these GlenmedeConnect Terms have been revised since the last time you visited. If you do not agree to these GlenmedeConnect Terms, then do not use this Site.
This Site is owned and operated by The Glenmede Trust Company, N.A. and its subsidiaries and affiliates, including but not limited to Glenmede Investment Management LP (collectively, “Glenmede”). Glenmede may modify, suspend, discontinue, or restrict the use and availability of any portion of this Site at any time, without notice or liability. In accordance with Glenmede’s Website Privacy & Cookies Policy, your use of this Site may be monitored by Glenmede and used for Glenmede’s internal business purposes, without liability.
Limited License and Restrictions on Use
Glenmede hereby grants you a limited, revocable, nonexclusive, nontransferable, personal license to view, store, bookmark, download, and print the pages within this Site solely for your personal, informational, and noncommercial use or as may be otherwise expressly authorized by Glenmede in writing. You are solely responsible for obtaining and maintaining all equipment, services, and other materials that you need to access this Site. Glenmede reserves all rights not expressly granted in these GlenmedeConnect Terms. Except as otherwise stated in these GlenmedeConnect Terms or as expressly authorized by Glenmede in writing, you may not (or enable others to):
- Modify, copy, screen capture, distribute, forward, transmit, post, display, perform, reproduce, publish, broadcast, license, create derivative works from, transfer, sell, or exploit any reports, data, information, content, software, RSS and podcast feeds, products, services, or other materials on, generated by or obtained from this Site, whether through links or otherwise (collectively, “Materials”);
- Redeliver any page, text, image, or Materials on this Site using “framing” or other technology;
- Engage in any conduct that could damage, disable, or overburden (i) this Site, (ii) any Materials or services provided through this Site, or (iii) any systems, networks, servers, or accounts related to this Site, including without limitation, using devices or software that provide repeated automated access to this Site, other than those made generally available by Glenmede;
- Probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of any Materials, services, systems, networks, servers, or accounts related to this Site or attempt to gain unauthorized access to Materials, services, systems, networks, servers, or accounts connected or associated with this Site through hacking, password or data mining, or any other means of circumventing any security feature of the Site, including, but not limited to, any security feature that limits access to, or requires user authentication for, any Materials, services, systems, networks, servers, or accounts on or related to the Site; or
- Modify, copy, obscure, remove, or display Glenmede’s name, logo, trademarks, text, notices, or images without Glenmede’s express written permission. To obtain such permission, you may e-mail your Glenmede representative.
To the extent that you are a prospective client of Glenmede who has been invited by Glenmede to access GlenmedeConnect, subject to and without limiting the other applicable terms and conditions governing your use of GlenmedeConnect as set forth elsewhere in these GlenmedeConnect Terms, Glenmede further authorizes you to use GlenmedeConnect solely (i) for your personal, informational purposes in connection with your consideration of Glenmede’s services, and (ii) in order to provide information and documents to Glenmede, as Glenmede may request from time to time in connection with onboarding you as a Glenmede client (such information and documents, collectively, the “Onboarding Documentation”). You agree that any Onboarding Documentation you submit to Glenmede is complete and accurate to the best of your knowledge, and you hereby grant Glenmede (and our service providers) a license and right to access, duplicate, store, and otherwise use the Onboarding Documentation as necessary in order for Glenmede (and our service providers) to provide its services to you, and as may otherwise be required by applicable law or regulation. You further understand and agree that Glenmede’s use of information contained in your Onboarding Documentation is subject to Glenmede’s Website Privacy & Cookies Policy.
User Content and License Grant
You agree that you are solely responsible for all information, data, content, text, photographs, graphics, images, videos, messages, comments, quotations, files, documents, and any other materials that you submit, upload, post, e-mail, transmit, or otherwise make available via the Site (“User Content”). By submitting, uploading, posting, e-mailing, or transmitting User Content to the Site, you represent and warrant that either you own all right, title, and interest in and to the User Content or have express permission from the owner to copy and use such User Content for all purposes related to the Site. Glenmede does not control and is not responsible for the User Content uploaded via the Site, and Glenmede neither guarantees the accuracy, quality, or appropriateness of, nor endorses any, User Content submitted to the Site.
You agree not to use the Site to:
- submit, upload, post, e-mail, transmit, or otherwise make available any User Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, menacing, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, pornographic, obscene, offensive, blasphemous, libelous, unlawful, infringing of another’s copyrights or other intellectual property rights, invasive of another’s privacy or publicity rights, hateful, or racially, ethnically, or otherwise objectionable;
- harm minors in any way, including, but not limited to, submitting, uploading, posting, e-mailing, transmitting, or otherwise making available content that violates child pornography laws, child sexual exploitation laws, or laws prohibiting the depiction of minors engaged in sexual conduct;
- impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any User Content transmitted through the Site;
- submit, upload, post, e-mail, transmit, or otherwise make available any material that contains viruses or any other computer code, files, or programs designed to interrupt, destroy, or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national, or international laws, rules, regulations, decrees, acts, orders, directives, legislation, bills, or statutes; or
- violate any contract to which you may be a party.
Except as related to information required to manage your account or required to provide other services to you as set forth in our agreements with you, none of the User Content that you submit, upload, post, e-mail, or transmit or otherwise make available via the Site shall be subject to any confidentiality obligations by Glenmede and its affiliates, subsidiaries, directors, officers, employees, agents, licensors, and vendors. You acknowledge that Glenmede and/or its vendors may or may not (but are not obligated to) monitor User Content, but that Glenmede shall have the right in its sole discretion to monitor, post, move, refuse, disable access, or remove any User Content, in whole or in part, for any reason whatsoever, without notice and without liability.
Certain parts of this Site may be protected by passwords or require a login. Further, for authentication purposes, certain features on this Site may require you to answer a designated security question. You agree to provide Glenmede with current, complete, and accurate information about you as prompted by the applicable registration process and agree to regularly update this information to maintain its completeness and accuracy. You agree to use this Site to access only those accounts on which you are authorized to act, and you agree to use your own user names, logins, passwords, and security questions and answers when accessing accounts on which you are authorized to act. You may not attempt, by any means, to access Materials, features, or parts of the Site which you are not entitled to access and to which Glenmede has not expressly granted you access. Any such attempted access is unauthorized and constitutes a breach of these GlenmedeConnect Terms. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of any account information, user names, logins, passwords, and security questions and answers that you use to access any page or feature on this Site, and for logging off of your account and any protected areas of the Site. Further, you are fully responsible for all activities occurring under your accounts, user names, logins, passwords, and security questions and answers that result from your negligence, carelessness, misconduct, or failure to maintain the security of your information. If you become aware of any suspicious or unauthorized conduct concerning your accounts, user names, logins, passwords, or security questions and answers, you agree to contact Glenmede immediately. Glenmede will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with this paragraph. Products and services provided to you through this Site may involve the electronic transmission of information that you may consider to be personal financial information or promotional and marketing materials, and you consent to such transmission.
Intended Use of Materials
The Materials on this Site are intended for your personal informational, educational, and noncommercial purposes only. Although Glenmede may provide data, information, and content relating to investment approaches and opportunities to buy or sell securities and/or mutual funds, you should not construe any such information or other content available through this Site as investment, legal or tax advice specific to you.
Copyright Policy, Notice, and Claim Information
All Materials on this Site, whether separate or compiled, including, but not limited to, text, graphics, audio clips, logos, buttons, images, digital downloads, data compilations, software, icons, html code and xml code, as well as all copyright, patent, trademark, trade dress, and other rights therein, are owned or licensed by Glenmede and its third-party information providers, and are protected by United States and international intellectual property laws.
Because of the global nature of the Internet, you agree to comply with all local rules with respect to your account and your online conduct, including all laws, rules, codes, and regulations of the country in which you reside and the country from which you access this Site, including without limitation, all laws, rules, codes, regulations, decrees, acts, orders, directives, legislation, bills, and statutes pertaining to tax, contracts, intellectual property, securities, e-commerce, banking, technology, computers, fraud, and privacy. In addition, you agree to comply with all applicable laws, rules, codes, and regulations regarding the transmission of technical data exported from the United States. This Site will not be considered a solicitation for or offering of any investment product or service to any person in any jurisdiction where such solicitation or offering would be illegal.
Data and other materials appearing on this Site that are provided by third parties are believed by Glenmede to be obtained from reliable sources, but Glenmede cannot guarantee and is not responsible for their accuracy, timeliness, completeness, or suitability for use. Glenmede is not responsible for, and does not prepare, edit, or endorse, the content, advertising, products, or other materials on or available from any website owned or operated by a third party that is linked to this Site via hyperlink.
Timeliness of Materials
All Materials on this Site are presented only as of the date published or indicated, and may be superseded by subsequent market events or for other reasons. In addition, you are responsible for setting the cache settings on your browser to ensure you are receiving the most recent data and other Materials.
The rights granted to you herein terminate immediately upon any violation by you of these GlenmedeConnect Terms. Glenmede, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to temporarily or permanently terminate your access to and use of this Site at any time and for any reason whatsoever, without notice or liability. Glenmede will not be liable to you or any third party for any termination of your access to or use of this Site.
These GlenmedeConnect Terms, together with the General Terms, represent the entire agreement between you and Glenmede relating to the subject matter herein.